The records of the Mayor’s Office are located in BRG9.
An excellent introduction and guide to this collection is:
- LeFurgy, William G., Susan Wetheimer David, and Richard J. Cox, Governing Baltimore: A Guide to the Records of the Mayor and City Council at the Baltimore City Archives. (Baltimore: Baltimore City Archives and Records Management Office, Department of Legislative Reference, 1981).
Correspondence (Series 2):
Correspondence addressed to the Mayor from the years of 1797-1923 was indexed by the WPA’s Historical Records Survey and are located in BRG9-2.
Individual Mayor’s Papers:
The City Archives holds:
- folder listings for Mayors’ Papers through 1971
- Transmittal sheets for papers received subsequently
- Detailed folder level inventories for the Schaefer and DuBurns administrations.
Biographies of the Mayors are to be found on the Maryland State Archives’s Historical List of Baltimore Mayors. 1797-.
Mayor’s Records in the Microfilm Collection
The Security Microfilm Collection of the Baltimore City Archives includes only a small fraction of mayoral records, mostly relating to:
- BRG9-18: Mayor Broening’s Correspondence, Index, bca_m0200-201
- BRG9-30: Oath Books 1899-1962 bca_m0365
- BRG9-38: Personnel Appointments, Non-Civil Service, 1952-69 bca_m1588 1969-1986 bca_m5205-5209;bca_m5320-5321